Sunday, July 13, 2008

YoYo

Posted by Pasta

The Bad News: After 2 weeks of lying in bed and eating tons of fruit and Indian food in a pouch, I can't believe it, but I've gained 5 of the 6 pounds back.

The Experiment: I gotta question how much of that is "real." When you can't walk, you drink as little liquid as possible, for obvious reasons. I've progressed to lurching now, so I'm going to see how much of it falls off with the return of H20. I'll be back on WW tomorrow too, so I'm curious to see how the scale/timeline goes.

In a few weeks, I'll add some water aerobics to the mix, which should help.

Speaking of water exercise, the New York Times had an interesting article on 41 year-old Olympic swimmer Dara Torres. She's got an amazing body -- the most defined 6-pack abs I've ever seen on a woman. It costs her $100,000 per year to maintain: "Torres’s retinue includes a head coach, a sprint coach, a strength coach, two stretchers, two masseuses, a chiropractor and a nanny..."

What could we look like for $100,000? ....

1 comment:

Zeolite said...

For $100,000 a year what could we look like?? Well maybe like that and maybe not. Some have it to spend and don't so I would guess that the stars have the same devils we do! (now if you said "what could we look AT....!"
LOL

You've got a ton of great content that's meant for sharin'. Would you consider adding your site to the Be Naturally Well community where our readers can find you?

Here's the link!
http://www.benaturallywell.com/blog/add-your-blog/

Many blessings,
Shelley