Monday, June 9, 2008

Is the cup half empty or half full?

Posted by Fio.

After six weeks of dieting, I'm still only down two pounds!
I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. I don't eat that much, and my love for fruit and vegetables should be giving me extra benefits, but no, no such thing as an extra benefit here.

For a while I was ready to blame it on pollution. I bet polluted air contain twice as many calories ad fresh air!
But then there would be more overweight people out there, don't you think?

I could choose to focus on the negative things here, but I won't.
Instead I will tell you what my 30 hikes and 100 miles in six weeks have taught me:

- I love the outdoors.
- Taking long walks with my dog is the best way to bond with him. We are best friends now.
- I think fresh air cleans my brains. I think so much better when I'm hiking and all the volume polluted air is not around me.
- Hiking makes me sleep better. You couldn't wake me with drum set if you wanted to.
- Hiking makes me appreciate good shoes. I love my hiking boots.
- I have a new appreciation for SPF 50 and sun block.
- I know more about water bottles than I ever imagined anyone would know, so I feel smarter.
- I'm pay more attention to the weather forecast than the news on TV. I know more about what goes on in the stratosphere than in Iraq now.
- The weather looks worse viewed from indoors. There is no such thing as bad weather, only bad clothing.
After three miles and a hot shower, I feel as good as new!

No comments: