Monday, June 30, 2008

These feet are made for walking...

Posted by Fio.

So, I'm obviously not one of these fancy dressed chicks you'll find in some gyms. My exercise outfit consists of my Nike shoes and old yoga pants, a T-shirt and a fleece jacket. That's it.

I like to walk outdoors. I have tried yoga, boxing, aerobics, pilates, swimming, spinning...you name it. But somehow my schedule makes it hard to be at the gym at a certain time. Nature is always there and to be frank, it's free. With the world economy plumming, it's nice to be able to save money on something.

I still walk 3 miles plus five days a week. Even though I haven't lost a lot of weight, my body feels....more lean.

But I dived into this project with a plan to loose weight, so to be able to do so, I have changed my diet. Again.

This is my "new" eating plan:

Breakfast: Fruit and yogurt sprinkled with chopped nuts.

Lunch: Home made vegetable soup (I bring it to work in a thermos) and a whole grain roll.

Dinner: Something healthy and good made from a lot of vegetables and mainly fish. I am cutting meat out from my diet now. I have wanted to do so for a long time. I really just needed an excuse to do it. My main concern is, am I getting enough calcium in my diet?

I will have to look a little closer into that.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

haha!your time is interesting,sport add diet must be have a healthy life.

Unknown said...

Proper diet and exercise are both important for health