Monday, May 5, 2008

I'm one pound down and celebrating

Posted by Fio.

It might not sound like a lot (and to be completely honest, it isn't) BUT it shows me that I'm on the right path.

One thing I have learned is, that if one is to live on regular food throug a diet, portion control is crucial. I have seen various remedies, like the Portion control doctor http://72.237.97.1/shop/index.cfm?vpd=ok&sr=1&dp=6&pid=6&pri=3173&pageset=1&fetchchildren=1&fetchsubs=ok&gdid=6&d1=6&fs=ok&sid=050508388799298

or the EZ weight plate http://www.ezweightplate.com/

that is supposed to help you control the portions. The up side is, they might work at home. The down side is, they cost money and chanses are you won't be bringing them to restaurants, parties or on vacation.

A surgeon once told me that my stomach is the same size as my fist (or rather, it should be the same size as my fist if I haven't over eaten for years so it has stretched out).
If I place my hands together, palm side up and form a bowl, that will give me an idea about how much food will fit in my stomach. The bowl space is equivalent to my fist size, and is easier to use when I want to get an idea about my ideal portion. It gives me a better vision! Also, when I'm in restaurants, I just place my hands together, palms up and form a bowl in my lap, and nobody notices. It's so easy, and it has helped me on numerous times.

No comments: