Sunday, May 4, 2008

My feet are made for walking

Posted by Fio.

I'm an optimist by heart, so therefore I'm dieting without being on a diet. I'm too disorganized to be on a food plan, and my aversion to math keeps me off Weight Watchers.
Therefore, I have put my money on exercise. Not that I'm a sweat machine by any means. I can't jog (due to knees that hurt), I can't swim too often (sensible skin) and I don't like the gym (I just don't!). That pretty much leaves walking, and luckily I love to walk. My plan is to walk 3 miles five times a week.
Walking doesn't demand a lot of equipment. Good shoes is all you need. The rest is probably already in your closet. Walking cleans my brain and makes me believe I could be president. By the time I come home, I have pretty much solved all the problems in the world.
I also get to bond with my dog. My dog loves to take walks with me, and since I usually walk after work and sometimes late in the evening, I feel safe bringing my dog. (He is big and black and looks scary in the dark).

So, to sum it up, so far my diet consists of walking. And eating more vegetables, of course (I love vegetables). Let's call it "The Veggie Walk" diet.
You heard it here first!

No comments: