Tuesday, May 6, 2008

That Image is Going to Stick with Me!

Posted by Pasta

Fio, thanks for that "stomach size" image. I think that may dramatically change my outlook.

I have an interesting challenge right now...I share your love of walking, but as you know, I'm unable to use that as a weight loss technique.

Over two years ago, I felt something snap in my ankle and couldn't walk on it for a week. I went to the doctor, got an x-ray, and the verdict was "It's not broken, go home!"

Finally, years later, I found a doctor who believed in the power of the MRI and discovered that a tendon was ruptured and a ligament torn and detached from the bone.

The upshot is, walking for weight-loss isn't going to work for me. I'm looking into getting an exercise bike though!

I think you have to get moving before it really sinks in how much excess weight slows you down.

Tonight's dinner: guacamole and carrot sticks. No fillers, no chips, just what I really want. "It's the good fat!" :-)

No comments: