Friday, May 30, 2008

Sleep and Exercise

by Pasta

I've made it almost an entire week on WeightWatchers and I can't believe it took me this long.

I know the reason though -- I can't stick to a diet unless its friend exercise is along for the ride. They reinforce each other. Exercising feels good (hopefully) and I'm more aware of my body which in turn makes me more conscious of the consequences of what and how much I put in it.

I thought I had grown to need less sleep, but the two days I exercised this week I went to sleep earlier and slept later. Last night I did not exercise and the sleep difference was DRAMATIC. I just couldn't feel tired enough to sleep until about 2:30am.

I enjoy having those extra hours ;-) but I think I'll get back to aquarobics on Monday anyway. I like that "good soreness" feeling you get from using your body.

No comments: