Tuesday, May 20, 2008

What would you want one month from now?

Posted by Fio.

Every time I am about to give up on something, I ask myself: How will I feel about this decision in a month?
I don't have a strong self determination and my will power is...hey, what's that again?

But I do have goals and before I break the rules I have set for myself, I try to think about the consequences.

What I'm trying to say is, I totally understand how hard it is to be on a diet.
I, personally, hate it.
Therefore I don't go on diets. I do life styles instead. The life style I have now consists of a lot of fresh air, fruit and vegetables, but I have fitted some wine and honey cake into my diet. It tastes way too good to be omitted from any diet, in my humble opinion.

Basically, I try to picture the person *I* want to be, and then I think about how to get there.

Right now, I want to be the outdoorsy type who eat healthy but I am by no means obsessing about food. I have found that if I have a carrot when I crave chocolate, I often just wanted something to chew on.
Also, I don't snack. I have a piece of fruit in between meals if I get hungry, and that's it.
As the food prices have risen, I drink more water, and that is also healthy for me.
I don't buy chocolate, cakes, sodas or other sweets regularly. If I don't have it at home, I won't be able to eat it, right?

Pasta, you asked me in your previous post what I would do if I were you.
I think I would choose the middle road. I think you will be more depressed about your weight in a month if you drop "dieting" completely, but who says you can't have some wine, chocolate and ice cream? I think that if you eat mostly healthy, you can have both wine and a treat occasionally.
And don't forget, I'm right here beside you, suffering and swearing. You can use me for support (or seek comforty in my failings :-) any time, hun.



1 comment:

Symphony of Love said...

Fio, I think you made a very wise choice. Many would choose to go on a diet when what they actually need most is a change of lifestyles - more exercising and eating healthily. I believe that you can do it. More Power to You!