Monday, May 19, 2008

Plateaus and Obstacles

by Pasta

I admire your tenacity Fio. You're going to see this through, you're in for the long haul, and really, what do you have to lose? You're establishing healthy eating habits, that can't possibly be a bad thing, right?

I'm at a crossroads...I feel like what I should do is work REALLY hard through the end of June to lose anything I can as soon as possible.

Here's why:
1. Saw the spine doctor today. MRI reveals slipped (aka herniated) discs in my neck. I go in tomorrow for an epidural.
2. Saw the ankle doctor today. MRI reveals more problems in my other ankle so I go in for surgery on June 27th.

The lighter I am before surgery, the easier my recovery will be. I'm lacking motivation though. I aggravated my neck and post-surgery ankle the other day. When I'm in pain, I want a nice glass of wine and some comfort food. Clearly, those will NOT bring me long term comfort.

So the question is...to give up now (which would be stupid but cozy) or tough it out for five more weeks and THEN give up (post-surgery and diet do NOT go together.)

Fio, what do you think?

And where's that butler with my sympathetic martini???

No comments: