Saturday, May 3, 2008

Let's Talk About Wine

by Pasta

In a recent NPR interview, Morgan Freeman was talking about the difference between an alcoholic and a lush. He said something like "an alcoholic HAS to have it. A lush just really, really likes it."

Hmmmm....

Now that I'm able to move about more easily (I'm recovering from ankle surgery this past December), I'm very happy to be socializing out with friends more often. I *do* enjoy a glass of wine with dinner and maybe a little port with one or two chocolate pastilles afterwards. (I'm certain those pastilles are really a diet aid...they're the perfect portion control!)

My point is I feel the effects of alcohol if I'm out with friends. Considering I'm driving, that's a good thing. When I'm at home, it doesn't register nearly as quickly. So interestingly enough, the more I socialize, the less I drink.

Friends are good for the diet!

No comments: